Wirraminna is developed and maintained by volunteers.
Our volunteers work every Wednesday to maintain the park and Saturday morning for a casual catch up.
We always value people who can help Wirraminna look great.
The morning teas are scrumptious.
Who can become a volunteer at Wirraminna?
- People who care about their community and environment
- People who enjoy working as part of a team
- People physically able to carry out the required tasks
- People who love plants and the environment.
What is a volunteer’s role at Wirraminna?
- Be part of a team
- Provide practical support
- Inform team leaders about any park maintenance or safety issues
- Liaise with visitors and team members
- Attention to orientation and ongoing education
- Attend monthly volunteer meetings for support and input into quality improvements
- Be aware of risk management and Occupational Health and Safety
Things our volunteers do
- Bush regeneration
- Seed collection
- Garden maintenance
- Working bees
- Planning and organising displays
- Assist with events
What are the areas where a volunteer can contribute?
- Weekly activities within the park
- Promotions during the year
- Park maintenance
- Plant propagation
Become a volunteer!
Call Sue on 02 6026 2766 or Judy on 02 6026 5356
or click to send us a message
to enquire about volunteering at Wirraminna.