This toolkit contains lesson plans for teachers and necessary equipment to carry out lessons around water, scientific hands on experiments and native and alien fish.
- Living River Resource Kit
- Fishy Habitats
- Fishing in the Murray Catchment information sheets and colouring-in book
- Waterwatch Manuals – Junior and Senior editions
- Fish Activity Book which includes: Find a fish a home, Fishing game and Fish mobile
- Hands on Water Activities
- Handout on relevant water websites
- Pepper Scatter Lesson Plan (PDF, 244kb)
- Waterbug Lesson Plan (PDF, 136kb)
- Burning Balloons Lesson Plan (PDF, 192kb)
- Magic Plastic Bag Lesson Plan (PDF, 192kb)
This toolkit contains lesson plans for teachers and necessary equipment to carry out lessons around plants and animals specific to the Murray region.
- Biodiversity of the Murray Catchment education kit
- Creative Catchment Kids Enviro-Stories books
- Dr Dave DVDs
- Biodiversity Heads game
- Find the Animal cards and poster
- Plant Bank Kit
- What Plant is That activity resources
- Wildlife Web activity resources
- Hands on activity resources
- What Birds Is That activity resources
- Bush Treasure Hunt activity resources
- What Plant Is That Lesson Plan (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Wildlife Web Lesson Plan (PDF, 216kb) and Activity Sheet (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Bush Shapes Lesson Plan (PDF, 200kb)
- Leaf Defence Lesson Plan (PDF, 264kb)
- Leaf Mates Lesson Plan (PDF, 196kb)
- Leaf Rubbings Lesson Plan (PDF, 264kb)
- One Hand Search Lesson Plan (PDF, 264kb)
- Senses Walk Lesson Plan (PDF, 188kb)
- What Bird Is That Lesson Plan (PDF, 120kb), Example Map (PDF, 124kb) and Worksheet PDF, 244kb)
- Bush Treasure Hunt Lesson Plan (PDF, 108kb) and Worksheet (PDF, 92kb)
Soil Health Kit
Contains equipment to carry out scientific tests to record and monitor the health of soil over a period time.
Contains a plant press to make a herbarium to identify and record local native and exotic plants.
Water Bug Kit
Contains lesson plans for teachers and the necessary equipment to undergo macro-invertebrate surveys to find out the biodiversity of bug species and health of the water.
Water Quality Kit
Contains lesson plans for teachers and the necessary equipment to conduct scientific surveys on water samples to determine the health of the water.
Interested in borrowing!
Call Stacee Bell on 0423 074 578 or send us a message via our contact page.