This toolkit contains lesson plans for teachers and necessary equipment to carry out lessons around water, scientific hands on experiments and native and alien fish.
- Living River Resource Kit
- Fishy Habitats
- Fishing in the Murray Catchment information sheets and colouring-in book
- Waterwatch Manuals – Junior and Senior editions
- Fish Activity Book which includes: Find a fish a home, Fishing game and Fish mobile
- Hands on Water Activities
- Handout on relevant water websites
- Pepper Scatter (PDF, 244kb)
- Waterbug (PDF, 136kb)
- Burning Balloons (PDF, 192kb)
- Magic Plastic Bag (PDF, 192kb)
This toolkit contains lesson plans for teachers and necessary equipment to carry out lessons around plants and animals specific to the Murray region.
- Biodiversity of the Murray Catchment education kit
- Creative Catchment Kids Enviro-Stories books
- Dr Dave DVDs
- Biodiversity Heads game
- Find the Animal cards and poster
- Plant Bank Kit
- What Plant is That activity resources
- Wildlife Web activity resources
- Hands on activity resources
- What Birds Is That activity resources
- Bush Treasure Hunt activity resources
- What Plant Is That (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Wildlife Web (PDF, 216kb) and Activity Sheet (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Bush Shapes (PDF, 200kb)
- Leaf Defence (PDF, 264kb)
- Leaf Mates (PDF, 196kb)
- Leaf Rubbings (PDF, 264kb)
- One Hand Search (PDF, 264kb)
- Senses Walk (PDF, 188kb)
- What Bird Is That (PDF, 120kb), Example Map (PDF, 124kb) and Worksheet PDF, 244kb)
- Bush Treasure Hunt (PDF, 108kb) and Worksheet (PDF, 92kb)
Squirrel Glider Paper Plane School Education Kit
The Squirrel Glider Paper Plane School Education Kit contains activity sheets for teachers and the necessary equipment to carry out lessons on the threatened Squirrel Glider. Alternatively you could book an excursion to the Wirraminna Environmental Education Centre or a school visit with one of our experienced environmental educators to have them run the activity with your class.
- Squirrel Glider paper planes, instructions and fact sheet
- Squirrel Glider Activity Sheets
- Squirrel Glider Habitat Management Guide
- Cat mask x 4
- Fox mask x 4
- Barbed wire (rope with pipe cleaners attached) x 3
- Laminated photo of car
- Laminated photo of nest box
- Laminated photo of Barking Owl (natural predator)
- Bull dog clips and elastic (for attaching photos to children)
- Wooden frame (to represent hollow)
- Green party hats (to represent trees) x 6
- Measuring tape x 2
- Grey lead pencils
Soil Health Kit
Contains equipment to carry out scientific tests to record and monitor the health of soil over a period time.
Contains a plant press to make a herbarium to identify and record local native and exotic plants.
Water Bug Kit
Contains lesson plans for teachers and the necessary equipment to undergo macro-invertebrate surveys to find out the biodiversity of bug species and health of the water.
Water Quality Kit
Contains lesson plans for teachers and the necessary equipment to conduct scientific surveys on water samples to determine the health of the water.
Interested in borrowing!
Call us on 02 6029 3185 or send us a message via our contact page.